Software Engineer (Remote / Porto, Portugal)
We are looking for engineers passionate about making the internet a better place.
Kevel is a cloud-based service empowering private and custom digital marketing and advertising solutions quickly and easily. We are looking for Software Engineers of any level of expertise to join our Kevel Data Platform team in Porto, Portugal.
As a Software Engineer, you will join a multidisciplinary team building technology for leveraging first-party data for digital marketing initiatives across channels and platforms. Our technology is private and first-party, handles hundreds of billions of events per month, and needs to react in milliseconds. Our added value comes from the advanced marketing strategies enabled by machine learning models, which we enable across mainstream platforms such as Facebook, Google, or Mailchimp.
Location: Remote / Porto, Portugal. This position can be based out of the Porto office, remote, or hybrid. Applicants located anywhere within Portugal are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work within Portugal.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Evolve the Customer Data Platform, touching on multiple aspects including its APIs, external integrations, machine-learning based predictions, event/user data storages, and much more.
- Improve the platform’s architectural qualities, helping ensure our foundation provides the scalability, reliability, security, and performance our global customers require.
- Work closely with the product management team to help design and build new features.
- Ensure the system is up and running, through the adoption of automation and best practices that allow everyone to sleep comfortably at night.
- Work closely with our customer success teams to deliver value and drive growth.
How you will work:
- Manage the infrastructure of our own systems through a process that we have automated using cloud services and orchestrators like Kubernetes;
- You follow Agile methodologies, so we value individuals and interactions over processes and tools;
- We know that learning takes time and resources. You will be supported throughout the whole process.
Skills you’ll bring with you:
- Full-stack engineer with an interest in architectures for large scale systems;
- Willing to work on all levels of the development pipeline;
- Someone eager to learn new technologies and paradigms;
- Interest in building highly scalable systems;
- Analytical and mathematically minded;
- Comfortable communicating in English.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- You will be part of an inclusive and collaborative team environment where all opinions and values are heard.
- We operate remotely. We are a fully distributed team across the US, UK, Portugal, and Singapore.
- You’ll receive world-class benefits including:
- Generous allowance for benefits for you and your family, including private health insurance, childcare, sports, and wellbeing, among many others, managed by industry-leading provider Coverflex
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Free press benefits
- Unlimited holiday (22 statutory holiday days with flexibility to use more) + Kevel Holiday Break (Kevel offices close December 24th to January 1st every year!)
- Flexible schedules (you decide when and where you work best)
- New company provided laptop + €500 home/work office allowance to purchase what you need to set up your workspace properly!
- We embrace transparency and encourage you to read more about what we value through our Company Constitution and Employee Bill of Rights, our About Kevel page, and Careers Page.
Hiring Guidelines by Country: Kevel hires new team members in countries around the world. The benefits listed in this posting are specific to our employees located in Portugal. Our Recruitment Team can help answer any questions about location-specific benefits packages after the recruitment process begins. Our goal is to offer equivalent benefits to all Kevel employees in all locations.
Kevel is based in Durham, NC with locations in San Francisco,London and Porto, with fully remote employees located around the world. We embrace remote working culture with over half of our team working outside of Durham, spread across the United States, United Kingdom, Portugal and Singapore. Kevel is proud to be an inclusive workplace with one goal in common — we want to make the internet a better place.
As one of our core values, Kevel is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide Diversity & Inclusion Training for all of our employees and hold ourselves accountable to creating a truly inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.